Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Safety Net

Ok, I admit it: I'm a huge worrier.

I was kind of surprised with my schedule when I got it (teaching more subjects that I expected), and I've been really concerned that I'm going to be overwhelmed.

So, I finally followed my husband's advice and called my principal to talk it over. I didn't really expect him to do anything about it, and I was right. But I also knew that what I mostly wanted was a pep-talk, and I got it. He reminded me that they have a lot of confidence in me, and if I ever get too overwhelmed, he'll figure out a way to help me, like having someone cover my study hall for example.

Nothing has really changed, except that now I realize I have a safety net. I know that if ever I am so slammed that I think I can't make it, there's help. I think that just knowing that is enough. Know what I mean?

If you're in a difficult situation, and you know you are on your own no matter how bad it gets, it feels hopeless pretty quick. I think you can bear a lot more when you know there's relief available if you really need it.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Good points, thanks.